Mudguards ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Sure it's been done to death....but I've had the crud mark 2 on my last few bikes.My latest bike (Ribble sportive) seems to be too tight a clearance, especially at the back under the brake.So was looking at SKS or similar but any idea which ones ? I quite like the idea that there easily removable,or are there any other alternatives.Thanks

KneesUp

Guru
Ribble sell SKS Bluemels in 35mm or 45mm with the frame, so I guess it's safe to assume they fit.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
An heartily recommend SKS Raceblade Pro XL. I just fitted some to my fixed bike, it has mounting points but clearance was too tight for proper guards. They are a million times better than the cruds I used before.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
An heartily recommend SKS Raceblade Pro XL. I just fitted some to my fixed bike, it has mounting points but clearance was too tight for proper guards. They are a million times better than the cruds I used before.
Sort of fancied them,I like that there easy to remove ? Where did you buy from Milkfloat ?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Quite pleased with the SKS Raceblade longs. The little brackets under the brake calipers hold the guards well. A bit fiddly to get the guards on and off the brackets though.
IMG_20180216_141748221.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

How are you getting on with these please?

I have a Trek Domane Disc and I can get a set of Trek mudguards that specifically fit the bike but I can't be bothered with the fitting on and taking off process even if it would only be once per year - I don't want them on all year round. So an easy on & off option is preferred.

I'd mainly use them on wet roads as opposed to riding whilst raining.

Found these at a good price in matt black (same colour as my Trek):

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.SKS-Racebl...ries-Clip-on-Road-Bike-Mudguard-Set_94930.htm

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Still a fan and still in use, albeit not daily on my commute. I would certainly buy them again.

Top Bottom