C2W Halfords, mountain bike <£800 advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
I did... and there's a large scrape on the top tube of the bike where the handlebars have spun around and marked the paint. They are unable to source another apparently so I'm left in limbo of accepting it or ordering an entirely different bike.

Try to negotiate a discount because of it.
When i bought my Carrera hybrid off them, it had a chip in the paint on the downtube. I got £50 knocked off for it, but i had to haggle it.

Sixmile

Veteran
Try to negotiate a discount because of it.
When i bought my Carrera hybrid off them, it had a chip in the paint on the downtube. I got £50 knocked off for it, but i had to haggle it.

They're offering me £100 of accessories with it so that'd cover guards, new grips (standard ones are hard canvas..) and a set of decent tyres. Still, it hasn't convinced me which makes me think the bike just isn't for me. I'm looking at a few Whyte hybrids now instead and I'm hoping they will be able to order one in.

Smudge

Veteran
They're offering me £100 of accessories with it so that'd cover guards, new grips (standard ones are hard canvas..) and a set of decent tyres. Still, it hasn't convinced me which makes me think the bike just isn't for me. I'm looking at a few Whyte hybrids now instead and I'm hoping they will be able to order one in.

If you do go for the Whyte i would still try to get Halfords to give you a discount on it, as a sweetener for being fecked about. Or accessories thrown in.

Sixmile

Veteran
If you do go for the Whyte i would still try to get Halfords to give you a discount on it, as a sweetener for being fecked about. Or accessories thrown in.

It's £150 more than the Boardman and the manager has said he's keen to get a resolution and won't worry too much about difference in price. How much they'll forgo is another thing, here's hoping.

Top Bottom