Cable car over the Thames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Of course it won't... that would imply the use of common-sense...

marinyork said:
There's always time to change their minds. Taking cyclists seems to be heavily resisted for just about every new scheme.
I don't know about down south but taking cyclists has been promoted strongly up here by government and councils but will this continue in the face of the recent cutbacks, or will financial restraints be an excuse to drop these things ;)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Best thing about the Woolwich Ferry and the foot tunnels are that they are free. Methinks this will cost a few quid...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
HLaB said:
According to the story it will

Yes of course... before they actually build-it... there will then be 1 space for a bicycle per crossing, then someody will get a bit of Oil on their Saville-Row and it'll all be over for the cyclist.

Fab Foodie said:
Yes of course... before they actually build-it... there will then be 1 space for a bicycle per crossing, then someody will get a bit of Oil on their Saville-Row and it'll all be over for the cyclist.
Or my fear with most projects (Scottish at least) cycling will be strongly promoted in the design but with the recent cut backs it could become quietly dropped by the time it comes to actual construction.

Twenty Five Million *u*king quid !!!???,I thought this country was broke to the point of going TITS UP just before the rescue package of a ConLibDem alliance saw the light of day.My God if they can justify this as being affordable from anticipated savings(from cost cutting & reviews) it is likely that the retirement age will be (with immediate effect)be moved to 80yrs of age and so that you ladies out there don't feel left out on the basis of what's good for the men is good for us,you are also included in the new deal for the healthier longer living drain on current resources.
Happy & Safe Riding to You All.
PS.If it GETS off the GROUND you may only be allowed on with Folders,the likely justification on the jobs front will be The Brompton Cycle Co will be taking on to meet the demand.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I thought it said it was going to be built by and for a private company - hence why I reckon it'll cost a bit to use...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
The site had originally been earmarked for a £500m, six-lane road bridge, a plan opposed by local residents and environmentalists.
The London one will be privately funded, and TfL is in talks with a number of potential operators. It will carry cyclists as well as pedestrians.
Cheaper than the previous effort, and shouldn't cost the taxpayer anything...

Top Bottom