Cable replacement for SRAM Force grpset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ok as per title was going to replace inners and outers of my grpset , any recommendations for excellent quality replacements that are compatible ? Planning to use the winter months to overhaul the good bike ready for March !

Citius

Very little difference between any - just use whatever the LBS has in stock - which is probably Shimano.

I just replaced a friend's bike with Clark cables, both inner and outer. Test ride outside the home for few minutes were good. During my maintenance course I learned that most LBS use Clark cables that you can buy in bulk dispenser cartons.

mattobrien

Guru
I have jagwire on two bikes, which has been excellent and not missed a beat in over 4,500 miles of generally bad weather use.

I have Gore on another bike, but that has sadly been discontinued, so will not be able to make like for like replacement when the time comes. Will probably go Jagwire for that one too.

Citius

During my maintenance course I learned that most LBS use Clark cables that you can buy in bulk dispenser cartons.

Not sure how accurate that is. In my experience, the majority use Shimano inner and outer, which are also available in bulk dispensers.

Can I ask, without starting another thread, is there a big difference in galvanised, steel galvanised or stainless steel cables?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Jagwire are good, so are shimano. Clarke's is fine.

Last time I did the commuter though I got the cheapest kit from wiggle or crc. The brake cables were fine, but the gear cables were crap. Indexing was borked, and was a waste of money.

Top Bottom