Cable routing for a seat post dropper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlueDog

Veteran
I’ve recently added a seat post dropper to my mountain bike. It’s a carbon frame with internal cable routing. However, I can’t see that I’ll be able to run this cable along side the others.

I’m guessing it’ll need to be external, but anyone have any suggestions as to how I do this and where on the frame it should be routed and how it should be attached (preferably without cable ties around the frame as per the photo!)?

Thanks in advance.

A80E60C6-0D52-40E7-B59A-39910EB98DF6.jpeg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any spare cable guides anywhere ?

Best option might be a seat clamp with a cable guide, but you are going to have to run it under the top tube. Use a cable tie to fix the cable at the seat post clamp (I'd run it between the clamp around the bolt, but enough space in the tie to let the cable move, then two to three cable ties to hold under the top tube. My FS has cable guides under the top tube for droppers.

OP
OP
BlueDog

BlueDog

Veteran
Thank you both

That’s really helpful as I’ve not seen those self adhesive guides before. They definitely look like the way to go, especially with the tie wrap support, as I’m sure there’ll be quite a bit of pressure on the first guide near the post.

Thank you, BlueDog.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No probs, they're on the Evans site but I dare say others have them. I was thinking you could even beef up the adhesive pad with CA or contact adhesive and dispense with the ties.
I would put them underneath the tube on the black part to make them less obtrusive.

Top Bottom