Cadel Evans, a winner we can trust.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveC

I think he can be trusted not to do anything as stupid as Floyd did and get caught at it. I like his chances of winning the TdF. He's got a strong team this year.

Evans will never be big in the peleton - he is ginger after all ....:ohmy:

oldroadman

Veteran
How come one branch of medicine (pharmacology) is not allowed yet another branch of medicine (psychology) is allowed when sportsmen can receive hypnotism?

Because despite what the brain says, you can only get from your body what is in it. The usual technique is visualisation, seeing yourself performing well. It's also useful in counterbalancing mental pressure of expectation. One thing to push through the pain, helped by positive messages, entirely another to get "help" from physical "preparation".
I'm not convinced about the Lemond arguments, his allegations. After all, attack is the best method of defence. And anyway, why now and not just after his career? A cynic might say because there are no old stored samples that could be retrospectively tested?

BJH

Über Member
Because despite what the brain says, you can only get from your body what is in it. The usual technique is visualisation, seeing yourself performing well. It's also useful in counterbalancing mental pressure of expectation. One thing to push through the pain, helped by positive messages, entirely another to get "help" from physical "preparation".
I'm not convinced about the Lemond arguments, his allegations. After all, attack is the best method of defence. And anyway, why now and not just after his career? A cynic might say because there are no old stored samples that could be retrospectively tested?

Le Mond questioned LA from very early on and when it was vey unfashionable to do so. Threats about his business future forced him to back down for a while, but he his comments have been consistent. He was often quoted with similar comments that Chris Boardman made, just not really understanding what was going on when also rans were flying past him as though on.......well indeed they were on rocket fuel.

Compare his comments to any other winners of the TdF you care to name and it makes for an interesting comparisons - as I keep saying, judge people by their reactions, responses and comments.

Top Bottom