1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cadel evans to Win this years TdF?

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by walker, 13 Jun 2008.

1. walker

walker New Member

All the betting shops have Cadel to win this year, I honestly don't think he's got it, more Sastre

2. yello

yello Guru

The only way he'll win is if the actual winner is disqualified.... now hang on, that's not such a far fetched scenario.

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

nor is contador to win, if the week before the tour follows that of the giro…

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Evans is certainly proving to be in good form this year and his attack on Valverde yesterday indicates that he's ready to have a go. He must be one of the favorites but let's see what happens in the remaining stages of the Dauphine first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Christ no. Anyone, but not that whining bitch. ;)

6. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Cracking post Chif Chaf.

7. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

it'd be good to see an mtber thrash all these roady divas.

8. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

EX MTB, then he saw the light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Ahh yes

Floyd Landis hmmm maybe not.

Michael Rasmussen oh dear.

Its not quite working out is it.

10. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Ah yes, mtb = must take booster;)

11. Noodley

Noodley Guest

must talk bollocks in bonj's case ;):sad:

Cadel has a good chance, Cunego too. I'd like to see them both having a go. I have backed Sastre for the past couple of years, but I'm fairly convinced he'll not do it this year either.

12. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

Evans will be a wheel sucking 2nd place. No idea whose wheel he'll be sucking though.

I'd like to see Frank Schleck do well. I don't think he'll win, but he'll have some good days

13. rich p

Cunego is preparing for a decent go so it's possible. I hope Cadel doesn't win and I'll maybe have Valverde as my team leader.

14. Noodley

Noodley Guest

That's the thing. Over the years Evans has been accused of wheel-sucking, yet look at those whose wheel he has been sucking - most if not all of them proved to have doped or admit to it later; not alleged, but proved. This year he may be able to show his true self.

And yes, I do know which teams Evas has ridden with over the years should anyone try to allege he is not clean!

15. rich p

:ohmy::ohmy:Of course he's clean; he speaks English!!