Cadel Evans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
raindog said:
All they did was wave their hands about a bit.

I guess it would be rather difficult to do a lot more going at 50kph! Mind you there's been far better attempts, especially in sprints (head-butting and more...)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Call me a hopelessly, naive romantic but the reason Cuddles can be more aggressive now may be a hint that the blokes up front aren't juiced any more.

Cunego thinks so and even though Basso, Evans etc did a blistering ride up Plan de Corones, it was still 2 minutes slower than Pelizotti's of last year. Garzelli's time was a bit closer to Pelizotti - so make of that what you will!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
rich p said:
Call me a hopelessly, naive romantic but the reason Cuddles can be more aggressive now may be a hint that the blokes up front aren't juiced any more.

Cunego thinks so and even though Basso, Evans etc did a blistering ride up Plan de Corones, it was still 2 minutes slower than Pelizotti's of last year. Garzelli's time was a bit closer to Pelizotti - so make of that what you will!

Maybe. But I still don't believe Pinotti's performance (or Nibali's). Tondo, I am now a little less suspicious of, having collapsed a bit over the last week.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What ever happened to theother 4 from the 6 blood passport names the UCI mentioned, of whom Pelizotti and a Slovene were two?

Team Fiwip

Flying_Monkey said:
Maybe. But I still don't believe Pinotti's performance (or Nibali's). Tondo, I am now a little less suspicious of, having collapsed a bit over the last week.

If a rider performs outstandingly, then he is doped to the eyeballs.
A rider performs outstandingly.
Therefore, he is doped to the eyeballs.

A rather flawed piece of logic don’t you think.

This is the problem when people declare their own war on drugs in cycling.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Team Fiwip said:

Nice bit of rhetoric, but complete bollocks of course! Until there is evidence of some kind, I have suspicions about some riders - this is quite clearly stated - and that's all. If you tried to elevate this to the status of some serious theory then sure, it would be illogical. Which is why I don't!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Noodley said:
You're hopeless.

...is that near enough? :smile:

:biggrin:

:ohmy::girl:

OP
OP
jpembroke

jpembroke

Was Cuddles' stage 7 victory over the Strada Bianca in filthy, horrible conditions one of the greatest in stage race history? Surely the best of this year's Giro anyway.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
jpembroke said:
Was Cuddles' stage 7 victory over the Strada Bianca in filthy, horrible conditions one of the greatest in stage race history? Surely the best of this year's Giro anyway.

I think so. That was an awesome stage. There were several this year!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
jpembroke said:

It was!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Team Fiwip said:

I think I must be missing your point Fiwip. It may be me!

The thing we've learnt over the years is that the outstanding, as opposed to very good, results have often been later discredited.
The surprising thing is that we are still fans and follow the races avidly but we're also aware that we've been let down many times in the past and have a healthy scepticism of the extraordinary.
Pinotti being able to suddenly climb mountains almost as well as Basso and Evans after a long career of not being able to do so is eyebrow raising and I strongly suspect that his UCI blood passport profile is being scrutinised.

Crankarm

Guru
rich p said:
I think I must be missing your point Fiwip. It may be me!

The thing we've learnt over the years is that the outstanding, as opposed to very good, results have often been later discredited.
The surprising thing is that we are still fans and follow the races avidly but we're also aware that we've been let down many times in the past and have a healthy scepticism of the extraordinary.
Pinotti being able to suddenly climb mountains almost as well as Basso and Evans after a long career of not being able to do so is eyebrow raising and I strongly suspect that his UCI blood passport profile is being scrutinised.

Perhaps he has few more eggs for breakfast :biggrin:?

Top Bottom