Cadence Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Probably a daft question, but how do these actually work? I know they attach to your crank abd assume they have a magnet in them. Do you then need to attach a magnet to your frame as well (carbon framed bike). Looking at a second hand one off Ebay to go with a Garmin

D

Deleted member 26715

Other way around, you attach the magnet to your crank arm & the unit straps to your frame, or the latest Chinese ones don't use a magnet & are just strapped to the crankarm, they have a movement sensor in them

DRM

Guru
Other way around, you attach the magnet to your crank arm & the unit straps to your frame, or the latest Chinese ones don't use a magnet & are just strapped to the crankarm, they have a movement sensor in them
wot he said, sometimes you have a dual cadence/speed sensor where you fit a magnet to the rear wheel, magnet to the crank arm & sensor fits to the chainstay

figbat

Slippery scientist
My Wahoo one is accelerometer-based, so just straps onto anything that rotates with the crank. I used to have it on my shoe so it would move across bikes with me but have now got it on a crank arm of my most-used bike. No magnet needed.

D

Deleted member 26715

I've take the plunge and ordered a Chinese version from Ebay for about £15, if it doesn't work great no big loss, but the reviews are pretty decent.
I bought 4, 3 worked, then I lost 1

Tilley

Über Member
I have the Wahoo speed and cadence sensors on my trike neither needs a magnet and very easy to set up and use.

Top Bottom