Cadence Strada Slimline Faulty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's not working. Troubleshooting steps taken so far:

Replaced batteries in the display and sensor
Added an additional neodymium magnet to the wheel magnet

I deduce that the fork sensor is faulty and requires replacing.
Am I correct?

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Still not working. Replaced the fork sensor. Replaced batteries with brand ones just bought from Amazon.

Completely stumped.

20220324_230912.jpg

20220324_230841.jpg

Last edited:
How far is it between the sensor and the magnet ?

There's a few mixed reviews on wiggle so it might just be another duff unit. Computers like these were around in the 80s so no idea why they can't be absolutely bombproof by now. My cateye cordless from the 90s worked well.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Gap is 3mm as shown by the photos in my original post. Reduced the gap by adding neodymium magnets. I should note that this unit has been working fine for over a year previously. I've returned to cycling after a break because of a knee injury.

cheys03

Veteran
The reed switch may have stuck on the first sensor, if reed switches are still used these days. Now that’s it’s off the bike, can you hear it click when a magnet is waved near the pickup? It’ll be faint but distinct. If not, give it a few hard and firm whacks in different directions and try again.

Is the battery compartment closed ok on the replacement fork sensor? There’s a lot of o-ring visible which makes me think it’s not completely closed so not making a good contact with the battery. Looks a neater fit in the product photo.

9D61390E-4861-49A2-82AA-D099A2AA65DB.jpeg

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-2zn...6cd4122c33c_1603891__40028.1628715388.jpg?c=1

Gap is 3mm as shown by the photos in my original post. Reduced the gap by adding neodymium magnets. I should note that this unit has been working fine for over a year previously. I've returned to cycling after a break because of a knee injury.

Looking at the manual it says between 12 and 17 mm away from the sensor ? Maybe try that ?

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Yes I think it was just the battery compartment cover on the sensor wasn't fitted correctly.

Top Bottom