cadence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frazer

I come from a football background so when i first started cycling i had relatively strong legs, and found it much easier to cycle at a lower cadence in a big gear, especially on hills when i would crunch my way up them, standing on the pedals for long periods of time. That was until i came here (well, the old C+ forum) and was told to use a lower gear at a higher cadence. When i first started that, i felt very uncomfortable on a bike. So I decided to do alternating rides, one in a big gear low cadence, next one high cadence, and eventually the two kind of integrated into a middle ground, now i have a cadence of around 85-90, where as before it was about 75, and i can go faster, for longer. But i dont think going much higher than that would benefit me now, i seem to slow down dramatically when my cadence gets over 90rpm.

spire

To the point
I was a grinder who tried spinning and now grinds again. My typical cadence is 70.

When I cycle with somebody new I often get a slighty disapproving "you pull big gears".

Their tune changes when I disappear up the hill and wait for them at the top.

Top Bottom