Cadence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Si

I find that a firm, but not death like, grip on the bars, a relaxed upper body and arms and consentrating on ankling all help to reduce the bouncing.

Moving the saddle forward just a smidge also helped spin speed for me.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Si said:
I find that a firm, but not death like, grip on the bars, a relaxed upper body and arms and consentrating on ankling all help to reduce the bouncing.

Moving the saddle forward just a smidge also helped spin speed for me.
Cheers Si.

<blows raspberry at rustychisel>

romans

Get a fixed, or build up your own, and practise on smaller hills, relax, then you will eventully develop a smoother action and the 'bumping' will be eliminated. I rode for years with a 24 speed then built my own fixed - shotblasted a John Perks frame, painted it, assembled my own wheels and everything else as well. Learnt a lot that way. Now building one for the track and a 'fun' fixie. My style on the 24 speed is more relaxed and thoughtful as I am more able to control my pace and effort.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I too get bouncy at about the same speed. Not very, and it smooths out again above that, all the way up to 182rpm so far. Not quite the 200rpm, LOL! Apparently Fixed Phil (Mal Volio) and other experienced riders get the same sort of symptoms, so it's not to worry about.

I'm on a fairly similar gear, btw, 48x19.

Top Bottom