Cafe du Cycliste

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Anyone bought anything from Cafe du Cycliste? I'm interested to know how the sizing is - Italian racing skinny are more normal?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Yes, I bought a short-sleeve merino jersey a couple of years ago now but its still going strong.

I'd describe the look and materials as a French Rapha, but the quality is better on the CduC. I'd get some more, but the current GBP to EUR exchange rate make them a little expensive. Not a problem for you I guess.

Sizing seems to be more UK than Italian and the cut is roadie but not racing snake. I'm usually a medium in most brands, an adidas large and a Castelli XL. My CduC top is a large, but I could get away with a medium without too much trouble.

OP
OP
U

User169

Yes, I bought a short-sleeve merino jersey a couple of years ago now but its still going strong.

I'd describe the look and materials as a French Rapha, but the quality is better on the CduC. I'd get some more, but the current GBP to EUR exchange rate make them a little expensive. Not a problem for you I guess.

Sizing seems to be more UK than Italian and the cut is roadie but not racing snake. I'm usually a medium in most brands, an adidas large and a Castelli XL. My CduC top is a large, but I could get away with a medium without too much trouble.

Thanks. That's a big help.

They've got their end of season sale on, so was thinking of ordering a couple of things.

Every bugger in NL seems to be in Rapha at the moment, so I need a new brand!

OP
OP
U

User169

Holy thread resurrection! Finally ordered some CdC clobber. Oh my it's lush! Well worth a few spondoolies! And @Bollo was spot on with sizing advice- thanks.

OP
OP
U

User169

Chapeau have a sale on

Hang on. This is the super sophisticated French Riviera fashioned from silk and merino cycle clothing thread. Not the dodgy English Rapha knock-offs thread!

Maya Skye

Anyone bought anything from Cafe du Cycliste? I'm interested to know how the sizing is - Italian racing skinny are more normal?
I bought a short sleeve "gilet" Michelin, size M, whereas I am normallz wearing "S". Its still much too small. Also I am surprised that I have to pay for the return. If I would have known I would not have bought from this online shop! Do not recommend to buy there under these conditions.

dspuk

Old thread, new experience. Wasted a load of money on post and returns on this brand already due to the awful size guide on their site.
The kit quality is wonderful but for a pure mail order firm the costs for good to arrive (10) and send back (10) means a single size mistake is a killer. If you're not sure order three - one either side of what the guide says and pay the returns! I ordered the base layer in M and a sweatshirt in L. The sweatshirt was perfect. The base layer looked sprayed on. Defo and L then? Sent back (another 10) and got the L in base another top in L (Race fit...). Both STILL too small. Not even vaguely in line with the size chart. So now I have to send both back, for another 10. The top is OOS in the colour I got and the XL base will cost another 10 in post to get to me. So I'm just going to return now and possibly get into London to have a look in their shop. Zero issues with post and returns on Rapha - this is just a pain. And expensive. 40 quid and counting so far and all I have is a sweatshirt. Like a flipping one armed post bandit.

Top Bottom