Cafe in Carlisle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had to get the car MOTd today and rather than hang around I wandered down to Morrison's in Carlisle. Now this supermarket is near to the Hadrian s cycle trail and the end of Cumbria way way route. Normally I don't bother with café's, but need's must on a damp day with an hour to fill in. I can honestly recommend Morrison's cafe as a stopping place that is not far off route from the major cycle routes passing through Carlisle.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Morrisons Cafe is brilliant I have to say :smile:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
When rail enthusiasts used to 'bash' (a term which isn't what it sounds like! :giggle:) the class 37s on the Sleeper to Fort William, the place became known as 'Fort Morrisons', as they would descend on the place and have breakfast. By all accounts it was one of the best places around.

Hyslop

Veteran
Had to get the car MOTd today and rather than hang around I wandered down to Morrison's in Carlisle. Now this supermarket is near to the Hadrian s cycle trail and the end of Cumbria way way route. Normally I don't bother with café's, but need's must on a damp day with an hour to fill in. I can honestly recommend Morrison's cafe as a stopping place that is not far off route from the major cycle routes passing through Carlisle.
Interesting to hear as I have to pop up that way this week and I havent been in Morrisons for at least a couple of years.Last time I was,there were indeed a few bikes outside and of course,it hadnt occurred why! The only other place I ever see cyclists is Costa at the top of Scotch St,probably because its next to the usual site of the TIC.I often see a Fuji road bike there,not a make you see a great deal of.Anyway,cheese scone in Morrisons tomorrow!

Captain Scarlet

Über Member
Oooh more locals.

I have to say the last time I was in morrisons would be about 12 years ago lol

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
If you want a real cyclist friendly stop in Carlisle get yourself to foxes lounge on abbey street. ( behind tullie house with a view-ish of the castle.)
Run by two cyclists with a real passion for coffee, they roast their own!
And on a wet day they let me take my bike inside.
Sounds good. I'll have to find them next time I ride up the coast :smile:

D

Deleted member 23692

Cafe Stobart is good... the LEJOG/JOGEL passes by it

Top Bottom