Cafes on the Trent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhythMick

Über Member
Planning a route tomorrow which will head east from Doncaster, hug the west Bank of the Trent from Owston Ferry all the way up to the Humber then on to Goole. We could do with a cafe or something somewhere along the banks of the Trent (on the west side, unless it's Althorpe where we can cross).

All suggestions gratefully received.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you're struggling north of the A18. I'm afraid that the Barge Inn at Keadby is closed, the chippy at Keadby comes highly not recommended and the Bay Horse at Garthorpe is closed. All the pubs at Luddington are closed. There's nothing at Swinefleet. There is a half-decent cafe in the pedestrianised precinct at Goole.

And......is the railway line between Goole and Doncaster still out of action?

On the plus side.......it's a wonderful, wonderful road

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
Thanks. We had a great ride out from Doncaster. Bit busy until we crossed the A614 then it's all agricultural. Very nice ride along the Trent. As you say, almost nothing. We resorted to taking sarnies. The Ferry Boat Inn seemed ok, but we got there at 11:50 and they weren't exactly keen to do teas for us.

This route is going to be the middle leg of my first Imperial century, which I'll do this summer. Hoping not to carry sarnies around that, so was seeking somewhere to take a break with a cuppa. Think I'll do Doncaster and then Goole.

The nature reserve at Branton Sands was doing teas I think?

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
Yes - the trains terminate there, and the posters at the station say that will be the case at least until July.

The 24 hour Tesco in Goole has a cafe, although the cafe itself only operates in daylight hours.

Tesco cafe might be good tip but I'd prefer a little cafe where I can keep close to the bike (and not carry a lock)

Top Bottom