Cairn O Mount challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Just signed up for the 2013 Cairn O Mount challenge, was a toss up between this and the perthshire challenge decided it has a climb i want to do so i went for this

tug benson

Anybody else doing this sportive? it`s this Saturday....

is it going to be me all by myself:sad:

tug benson

What a ride today at the Cairn O mount, great route, most of it on country roads with hardly any cars on them...the big climb was ok, took it easy as i knew i still had a hard day a head of me, give me a bunch of CAT3 climbs anyday over all them wee sharp climbs i had to deal with today

I wished sombody had warned me about the last climb, it hurt like hell
http://app.strava.com/activities/57502089

tug benson

My average speed took a good dent because i really struggled anytime we were heading south, the wind was unreal..the coast road being really tough

Was planning to ride this but had to bail. My club mate who i should have been riding with came 4th overall though! Really good effort. He said the same about the wind. Pretty brutal at times.

Well done all involved. :thumbsup:

tug benson

Was planning to ride this but had to bail. My club mate who i should have been riding with came 4th overall though! Really good effort. He said the same about the wind. Pretty brutal at times.

Well done all involved. :thumbsup:

Aye your club mate went flying by me going up the Cairn o mount climb, i could tell he was out to set a good time...

tug benson

Oh and the guy in the sky kit who sat on my back wheel for the whole of the knockburn climb then near the top attacked my like he was froomedog...it was good seeing you blowing out your arse when i went flying by you in the last 15 miles

tug benson

I was expecting more cyclist at this event, it was weird going from the Etape, being the monster event that it is to this, i mean our food stops was a guy at the side of the road getting bananas, water and shortcake out the boot of his car...just totally different

Oh and this route was 10 times the route of the Etape

Etape is pretty easy going in comparison to some of the "hilly" sportives.

I still wake up in a cold sweat at night with my last memory being a dream of yet another hill during the Kinross sportive.

Col5632

Guru
I was expecting more cyclist at this event, it was weird going from the Etape, being the monster event that it is to this, i mean our food stops was a guy at the side of the road getting bananas, water and shortcake out the boot of his car...just totally different

Oh and this route was 10 times the route of the Etape

I've been on a good few events like that, Dunfermline Sportive is like that and tbf so was the St Andrews Sportive

Top Bottom