Cake.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Bought one of these at Stowmarket Aldi and I appear to have discovered heaven in cake form.

I just may be off to buy any that are left there.

Aldi.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Mmmmmm cake.... 🍰

OP
OP
Rezillo

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I have Greek Yoghurt in - that will be a good compromise!

I hope the cake is there - I couldn't find it on the Aldi website so it may be a special buy and not in every store. The picture is a scan of the box it came in. It's quite small.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hope the cake is there - I couldn't find it on the Aldi website so it may be a special buy and not in every store. The picture is a scan of the box it came in. It's quite small.
I wouldn't have spotted the cakes without your prompting, but I eventually found 4 or 5 of them in the cake section. I only bought the one!

We were wondering whether to warm it up to have with the yoghurt? I'll try a slice warmed up to see what I think.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I wouldn't have spotted the cakes without your prompting, but I eventually found 4 or 5 of them in the cake section. I only bought the one!

We were wondering whether to warm it up to have with the yoghurt? I'll try a slice warmed up to see what I think.

Ambrosia Tinned Custard is the way to go. 😁

OP
OP
Rezillo

Rezillo

TwoSheds

It's very squidgy - warming it up may prompt a structural collapse.

I'd like to know how they get it so gingery - from the ones I've made, there's more to it than simply lots of ginger.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ambrosia Tinned Custard is the way to go. 😁
It's too cold to go back out! :laugh:

It's very squidgy - warming it up may prompt a structural collapse.
I will report back later!

I'd like to know how they get it so gingery - from the ones I've made, there's more to it than simply lots of ginger.
I'm wondering if it is similar to local delicacy parkin...?

I just looked up the difference between parkin and gingerbread - parkin has oats added. What I didn't realise is that Lancashire parkin is different to the Yorkshire type - Lancastrians bake with golden syrup, Yorkshire folk with black treacle.

tom73

Guru
It's too cold to go back out! :laugh:

I will report back later!

I'm wondering if it is similar to local delicacy parkin...?

I just looked up the difference between parkin and gingerbread - parkin has oats added. What I didn't realise is that Lancashire parkin is different to the Yorkshire type - Lancastrians bake with golden syrup, Yorkshire folk with black treacle.

They are an odd lot over in the dark side.

Top Bottom