Calderdale Mountain Bike Marathon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
That part of Calderdale is blessed with more rocky and loose stuff than outright mud. There will be some mud, but your tyres will need to grip rocky sandy singletrack as well as wet cobbles et al.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't trust any tyres on wet cobbles!

I just found an old cycling jacket buried in the back of a cupboard. It was a cheapo ALDI special which I wore once and ripped when I crashed on a descent on wet cobbles.

OP
OP
steveoo

steveoo

Just over a week to go now turns out a couple of lads i know are also doing this ride and i have a mate who just lives round the corner from the start point,he's promised me a feed at the finish if i do the full course in a respectable time.:hungry:

cubby

Über Member
So what are you calling a respectable time Steveoo ? best ive done it in is 3hr 19mins which i was happy with :smile: But then some do it in just over 2 hours .... :smile: Ive a long way to go before that ... lol

OP
OP
steveoo

steveoo

All ready for the off this Sunday i,ve set a time of 3.5 hours,everyone says this is a good average time so i'll play safe.
Have changed my towpath tyres for something with a bit more grip.

OP
OP
steveoo

steveoo

Completed the ride today,came in under 4 hours dont know exact time yet.excellent mornings ride i have to say it was very dodgy in one or two places,only came off once :cry: went down the hillside desending midgley moor (many others followed suit some looked quite painfull) but at least those near by always stopped to lend an hand.Shattered at the end of it but well enjoyed it:wahhey: .Have to start looking at what other rides are in :idea: the area.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Completed the ride today,came in under 4 hours dont know exact time yet.excellent mornings ride i have to say it was very dodgy in one or two places,only came off once :cry: went down the hillside desending midgley moor (many others followed suit some looked quite painfull) but at least those near by always stopped to lend an hand.Shattered at the end of it but well enjoyed it:wahhey: .Have to start looking at what other rides are in :idea: the area.
Good effort. Calderdale and surrounding is Bridleway heaven. Cubby and I know a few between us, and in fact last time we bumped into each other it was on two separate group rides that converged somewhere above Ploughcroft ^_^

If you fancy a sedate pootle over a few give me a shout.

cubby

Über Member
Great ride this morning, as Steveoo says Midgley Moor was a tad tricky in place, but managed to stay on the bike the whole way round .... Was well happy with my time of 3hr 9mins, that ten minutes up on my previous best ... :smile:

Suprised you didn't give it a shot Cubist ?

And yeah Steveoo, as Cubist says there's loads of great riding around Calderdale, just give either of us a shout if you fancy getting out some time .... :smile: We also run a little group on facebook called Mountain Bike Shenanigans that has 3 rides a week .....

Cheers :smile:

Top Bottom