Call blocker for your house phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
We are registered with the TPS it helps but is not perfect. we are with talktalk for telephone & broadband they have a free service that lets you block numbers you don't like it also blocks withheld numbers if you want it to, the ones that get through are the unavailable numbers.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I use talktalk and, like, Afnug, I use their free service to block specific numbers. After an unwanted call you dial a five digit number followed by two stars, and that last caller will then be blocked. This service has been free since January, I think.

OP
OP
paul04

paul04

Über Member
7 A DAY. Are you exaggerating? That's a huge amount. Are you in the phone book? I'm not, could that be the reason? I have had about 7 in 8 years, probably less.

Not had my name in the phone book for over 10 years, Its not really hard to get a phone number these days. and a lot are from a computer just dialing a numbers, and when you answer it, a recorded message, or no sound at all. I was lucky at 7 a day, some people get 15 to 20 a day.

byegad

Legendary Member
We went away for 4 days and had 18 calls in the call list on the cordless handset. One was from someone we know. The other 17 left 15 SPAM style recorded messages on 1571 and the last rang off.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm torn between wanting to wind the callers up a bit (e.g. placing phone next to radio and simply getting on with my business) and thinking it's just some poor soul trying to earn a crust.... but then again, if it was me, I wouldn't sell my soul to the devil. :thumbsup:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
TPS is a waste of time, been registered with them for years and I get around 5 -7 unwanted calls a day most of them now are withheld numbers and are just recordings :cursing:

The best way to stop them is get a phone that you can bar calls with, unfortunately not an option for me as I work from home and some of my customers withhold their numbers :rolleyes:

I now get lots of unwanted calls on my mobile now usually recorded messages trying to sell me boilers or PPI :angry:

It is about time the phone companies stopped all businesses from withholding their numbers then they can be barred as necessary, but that wont happen because the phone companies are probably making money out of these people.

Top Bottom