call the midwife bicycle mistake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's always going to be a problem when TV or film producers try to convey anything where the viewer is likely to know more than they do. Did anybody see that terrilble Stallone film, Cliffhanger? It was farcical if you knew the smallest thing about mountaineering.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
It's always going to be a problem when TV or film producers try to convey anything where the viewer is likely to know more than they do. Did anybody see that terrilble Stallone film, Cliffhanger? It was farcical if you knew the smallest thing about mountaineering.

Lets face it though, that was never going to be a surprise......"Terrible", "Stallone" and "Farcical" are words that are often used in the same sentence,,,,,,

Fubar

Guru
On a more serious note.....

A few years ago the Hospital I worked at produced leaflets about the reality of CPR and resuscitation

So many relatives were assuming that the process was virtually infallible that they could not understand why the Hospital was not able to meet the standards of the TV programmes

Similar issue with end of life patients, relatives assume they should have access to oxygen (and sometimes demand it) as most tv programmes depict people dying with an oxygen mask on, despite there being little evidence in many cases to support it's use - difficult explaining that when someone is dying though.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
The mrs was just watching sundays call the midwife on bbc iplayer. Anyone else notice the realy bright bicycle headlamp on one of the midwifes bikes?

Could be just an imbalance in the lighting, the street lights are very dim. Must be a nightmare to get the apparent lighting right.

It's interesting how Sister Julian has a 200 type telephone on her desk, without the bellset which still manages to ring.

Point is they are drama not medical documentaries :smile:

See the other posts...

It needs to have some basis in reality as often the viewers see this as the standard of healthcare they need, deserve and want

The mrs was just watching sundays call the midwife on bbc iplayer. Anyone else notice the realy bright bicycle headlamp on one of the midwifes bikes?

Dont think they where that bright years ago???

Also one of the sturmey archer gear shifters was from a later bike???

Bit sad to point out ;)

I kicked my telly in when I noticed. Take us for fools.

snorri

Legendary Member
It's film scenes involving yachts that get me turning off.
The onboard scene shows the yacht heeling over with a flag blowing in the breeze, in the next shot the camera is showing a flat calm sea.
It happens so often.

AndyRM

XOXO

Cliffhanger was a fine documentary, sir! What man can't climb a mountain in a vest and trainers?

Top Bottom