Calling all Boardman Hybrid/CX riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a bit of a disaster with my Boardman on Friday. Went over a particularly large pot-hole and the back wheel just stopped dead. Managed to skid to a halt without losing it and got the bike home OK.

Took the rear hub apart yesterday. The cones are have some significant wear - but more concerning was the metal splines holding the "dust covers" (for want of a better word - I could also say rubber boots) have completely bent and sheared. Have picked all of the bits of metal out of the hub and the wheel spins OK if I roll it along the ground just holding the free hub.

I think this means I should be OK just ordering a new axle set. Has anyone out there done this already? If so can you let me know where from and what exactly you ordered. The axle looks to be a standard quick release 145x10mm variety to me.

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
My other option is to buy some new hubs to get rid of the "loose bearing" system currently used by my Boardman for something a little more modern. Anyone have any idea how much an LBS would charge for rebuilding an existing wheel around a new hub?

Top Bottom