Calling all Dr feelgood fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Missed the 9:00 start but found it is also on at 1:20 so set it to record. I've been trying to see this film for a while.
I've been a feelgood fan from the early Wilco days. Even played a few numbers in different bands I've been in. Saw one of the last gigs by Lee in Barnsley. Looking forward to watching this tomorrow.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Really enjoyed that - too much talk and not enough music? Maybe, but there was some great footage of Lee at the bar chatting away. His mum was great too! Julian Temple and his team had really dug around and come up with lots of great live footage and interesting interviews to make a first rate film . No-one had a better or meaner look than Dr Feelgood in the 70s. Great stuff Ian - cheers.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheer's 3BM, as to the music, there really isn't a lot of great footage around feat. Lee and what there is is owned by people who wanted absolutely ridiculous amounts of money.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Feck!
Missed the first 15 mins of Oil-City, didn't know it was on. Have been desperate to see it and I wasn't disappointed, no sir. Marvelous. An homage without sentimentality, but a lot of love. Was somewhat dewey eyed at the end. Wilko... what a bloke.
Must buy on DVD.

Blockheads were great weren't they. Saw them and Feelgoods about the same time as the Sight and Sound concerts.

Great Stuff.
Cheers Ianrauk.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
It's also on Sunday night at 23:20. Can't find another time for another date or time for the Sight and Sound concert.

Good old beeb will repeat it soon. Always rely on them for repeats or catch it in a couple of months on Dave or similar.

thegrumpybiker

I missed it but will probably buy the DVD when it's released.
I noticed it and the Feelgood/Ian Dury gigs were on but unfortunately I had to have an early night due to a 4am wake up for work.
Luckily my heavily refreshed flatmate had it on and I woke up about midnight to the strains of Billericay Dickie; "...the jackpot is in the handle of a normal fruit machine..."
I forgave him though.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Watched it Friday, took a while to get going (wifey was starting to grumble) but twas excellent viewing for Feelgood fans

mangaman

threebikesmcginty said:
Really enjoyed that - too much talk and not enough music?

I thought it was great - cheers Ian. The music I've heard, the background and talking was what I wanted more of and I think we got.

A superb night in and some new tunes I'd forgotten about downloaded yesterday :biggrin:

Cheers for the heads up and well done.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another heads up good people.
The DVD of Oil City Confidential will be in stores 12 July..

Jam packed with extras, commentaries etc.
The packaging looks excellent too..

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
ianrauk said:

Brilliant! :sad:
Obviously without giving anything away, what sort of extras can we expect?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
ianrauk said:

YAY!

Thanks for the 'Heads-Up' inrauk.

Top Bottom