Calling all model kit fans - she's finally done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Or fitted with RC and motors in a pool. Statics are ok but not my cup of tea.

Some have done it with an RC Seaview.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Looks good but can't help but feeling it would look better in some sort of undersea diorama.

I'm researching that online, also need something to go behind the Enterprise:

20230126_082049.jpg

But this is the Enterprise I'd love to have^_^:
3407eca72cd7f4e46255fc04ad81ce66.jpg

1bff1cc3bfa915b8ebe4e6a5fe1873d9.jpg

I think the co-founder of Microsoft bought the original miniature, used up to ST6.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

simongt

Guru
Anyone else made the recently released Airfix 1.35 scale Austin K2 / Y ambulance - ? :whistle:
Well moulded model with plenty of good detail much improved on Airfix's early days and I bought an after market set of folded blankets, medic's bags etc. for extra detail. :smile:
The only problem seems to be the feeble hinges for the back doors. If you want the doors partly open, you're relying on two tiny hinge gluing points for each door which won't stand up to any knocking at all before they'd fall off. So unless your K2 is strictly for display only with absolutely no handling, you're stuck with a doors fully open or fully closed option which seems a bit of an oversight. :dry:
I've gone for one open and one closed so at least the inside detail can be seen - ! ^_^

Anyone else made the recently released Airfix 1.35 scale Austin K2 / Y ambulance - ? :whistle:
Well moulded model with plenty of good detail much improved on Airfix's early days and I bought an after market set of folded blankets, medic's bags etc. for extra detail. :smile:
The only problem seems to be the feeble hinges for the back doors. If you want the doors partly open, you're relying on two tiny hinge gluing points for each door which won't stand up to any knocking at all before they'd fall off. So unless your K2 is strictly for display only with absolutely no handling, you're stuck with a doors fully open or fully closed option which seems a bit of an oversight. :dry:
I've gone for one open and one closed so at least the inside detail can be seen - ! ^_^

You think you can get away with telling us and then not posting pictures?

Ooh! Katie from Ice Cold in Alex!

Top Bottom