Calling Mickle..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do any of your contacts have an Overbury mountain bike to sell me?
Looking for a fairly standard mid 80's one for my collection.

Also, any news on a certain event in a certain midlands town and the involvement of a certain midlands cycling organisation?

Hey Hilldogger, Oi bissent seen a Overburys for a while. There are a few knocking around Bristol, you're best bet might be to put a wanted ad in the Bristol Cycling Campaign newsletter.

Sorry we havent been in touch about the involvement of said midlands cycling organisation in the aforementioned midlands cycling event. We definitely require your involvement, details to follow.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
mickle said:
Hey Hilldogger, Oi bissent seen a Overburys for a while. There are a few knocking around Bristol, you're best bet might be to put a wanted ad in the Bristol Cycling Campaign newsletter.

Sorry we havent been in touch about the involvement of said midlands cycling organisation in the aforementioned midlands cycling event. We definitely require your involvement, details to follow.

Ermm - dogging on bikes up hills?? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Speicher said:
If Hilldodger is in Leicester and Mickle is in York and you are both talking about the Midlands in a very hushed, secretive tone, can I ask if Worcestershire is also in the Midlands?

No. Worcestershire is in Herefordshire.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hilldodger said:
We're talking about an event to be held in the Midlands - where Leicester is.

York, as everyone knows, is in the frozen north.:biggrin:

Apparently not. There was an article in the Indie yesterday about The Likely Lads sitcom, and they said that only James Bolam was a northerner, Rodney Bewes having been born in Bradford. I related this to a friend from Northumberland and she agreed that Bradford was not 'northern'. So it appears that Yorkshire is not in the north anymore.

Anyway, it was an interesting reversal of the usual "anything north of Watford is The North" idea prevalent in the Home Counties...

Top Bottom