calling Specialized Allez owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have had mine for about 5 weeks now and possibly done about 200 miles with it so far.
I found the bike to be noisy with cliking noises coming from the front. Do you have this problem?
It is going for its first free service soon and I will mention this to the shop. I want them to take it for a proper road test rather than just checking it on a stand.
What are your views on your own same bike?

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
No noises from mine except when freewheeling as the rear shimano cassette is that way ... could be a stone or other foreign object embedded in the tyre or some brake rub or maybe a loose spoke that's causing the noise ... I've always found on bikes, that ticking noise's don't always come from where you think they are, but I'm sure if you point it out when it goes for it's service, they should be able to sort it for you.

Nebulous

Guru
What model do you have? My one has Mavic cxp22 rims and I'm getting clicking from the front. I think it's the spokes. I've done over 2000 miles though. I read in a magazine somewhere to put a little drop of oil on the spokes where they cross. That certainly made a difference, but the noise hasn't gone away.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
What model do you have? My one has Mavic cxp22 rims and I'm getting clicking from the front. I think it's the spokes. I've done over 2000 miles though. I read in a magazine somewhere to put a little drop of oil on the spokes where they cross. That certainly made a difference, but the noise hasn't gone away.

sorry, it doesn't say anywhere what model it is, not even on the invoice. All I can tell you is that it has 3 front rings and 8 gears cassette. If I knew how to post picture, I would do it.

I don't have this bike, but I have experienced issues with cables banging against the frame over rough ground. Check your cable bunch in front of the bars is not the problem, some good quality frame tape strategically placed on the head tube usually fixes it.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
i have the allez comp and have allways had clicks and creaks ,carbon bars? but its 4 years old and going well mind u at anything about 45 mph its very twitchy,

Top Bottom