Calling the CC guitarists (and anyone else who might be interested)

Would a masterclass with Guthrie Govan be of any interest

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Who

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hello lovely CCers.

Shaun has given me permission to post this on here.

We have an exciting project in the pipeline for next year with an upcoming masterclass with Guthrie Govan. This would be November time, after his tour with the G4 Experience (Joe Satriani, Andy Aledort, Tosi Abasi, Guthrie Govan) in the summer.

I am trying to gauge interest in such a project and would like to ask the guitar minded CCers their opinions on the subject. If it would be of any interest, good idea, bad idea, who is Guthrie etc. Our students are a bit baised so we want to ask a few people outside of our Guitar Academy before we tell the world.

When tickets go on sale, CCers would have the same status as our students, allowing them earlier entry and a possible discount on the ticket price, simply because they have come via me.

Over to you. Opinion away as Leigh and I really want to know what you think.

Last edited:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
There's never any bassist master classes, wonder why :smile:

Seriously though, for those wrangle the full six strings this looks like a great opportunity.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Im ashamed to say dispite trying to learn guitar for yrs and loving most things guitar ive no idea who Guthrie Govan is? I'll have to google him...mind you im shocking with names,but never forget a face...

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

There's never any bassist master classes, wonder why :smile:

Seriously though, for those wrangle the full six strings this looks like a great opportunity.
That's a really good point. I'll mention this to Leigh later on today. Leave that one with me but I very much doubt that we'll be able to get Flea or Billy Sheehan to do one for us.

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

Im ashamed to say dispite trying to learn guitar for yrs and loving most things guitar ive no idea who Guthrie Govan is? I'll have to google him...mind you im shocking with names,but never forget a face...
I have linked his name to his website. If you look at the Guitar World site, there is the G4 announcement of the new tour on there, GG is there. The announcement is done on a videoed skype call. Rather fun.

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

Sure would...if I was in the area...but I'm not :cry: Nice work there though Saluki - it's sure to go down well :thumbsup:
The master class will be in Norwich.:smile: I did once travel from Scotland to Gt Yarmouth for a show jumping master class with Harvey Smith as I really really wanted to see him.

Stephen C

Über Member
Over to you. Opinion away as Leigh and I really want to know what you think.

Trying to hide excitement, but yes please! Absolutely love Guthrie, simply brilliant guitarist, although seeing him play will probably make me want to just pack it all in!

Top Bottom