Calorie calculations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No storm, but I'm not sure I agree with all this.

Exercise, in my opinion, is a much more sustainable way to loose weight in the long term with the obvious proviso that you don't use it as an excuse to double your calorie intake.

Dieting on its own is very ineffective and gives you the metabolic rate of a hibernating hamster. The less you eat, the less you need to eat in other words.

Get out on the bike, increase/ adapt the muscles required and raise your metabolism.

And not all fat calories are good for us, Yellow Saddle. That's a very misleading statement, if I may say so. :rolleyes:

Others have done the calculations for us. They say calories consumed are 30 per mile. It is easy to extrapolate from there onwards. As I said, don't expect exercise alone to do the trick for you. Watch you intake too. I think we actually agree on this one.

Where I suspect we don't agree is the fat issue. The new trend of Banting or High Fat Low Carb (HFLC) diet is one that's gaining traction in medical circles. Governments are still reluctant to remove the Ansel Keys-inspired carb-heavy food pyramid but it's days are counted. It is very pervasive with an entire professional medical and dietician generation created with it as gospel.

This is not the forum for that but it may be worthwhile to start a thread dedicated to HFLC somewhere else.

I don't have the

vickster

Legendary Member

No storm, but I'm not sure I agree with all this.

Exercise, in my opinion, is a much more sustainable way to loose weight in the long term with the obvious proviso that you don't use it as an excuse to double your calorie intake.

Dieting on its own is very ineffective and gives you the metabolic rate of a hibernating hamster. The less you eat, the less you need to eat in other words.

Get out on the bike, increase/ adapt the muscles required and raise your metabolism.

And not all fat calories are good for us, Yellow Saddle. That's a very misleading statement, if I may say so. :rolleyes:

Chew on this...but don't swallow, it is bad for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-32417699

Top Bottom