Cambridge North Busway Cycleway Closed from Sat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I can see the response along the lines of "We have chosen this time of the year as it is likely to be quieter for cyclists and motorists because of school and summer holidays."

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
School holidays? So fark any commuters riding to work along it. Daffodils.

One annoying thing is that there is another bridge 200m or so east of the cycleway one. All they'd need to do is put down some temporary roadway panels along the north edge of the worksite and not work over both bridges at once. But no, it's fine to do the equivalent of sending the A14 twice the distance and half of it along farm tracks because it's only a cycleway.

Crankarm

Guru
I would just like to let any cyclists who are concerned riding along this route. Don't be. The cycle path along the GBW between the 2 bridges between Cambridge Regional College and Histon is indeed closed because of bridge widening for the A14 improvements. However the diversion route put in place for cycling is fine. It is well signposted and safe. It follows the GBW along Kings Hedges road on a wide tarmac cycle path of NCN51 and the rest is on wide pavement and quiet road, sorry don't know the name, back up to the Histon GBW entrance. It is not long or hazardous as the OP suggests. Just thought I would post this as no vandalism has occurred and in fact tarmac has been used for the cycle way along the GBW as well just like the A14!

HTH.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's what passes for "fine" in this country, but its half dozen sets of red-default traffic lights and the oldest cycleway section's 2m-wide-if-that lumpy tarmac but doesn't compare to the busway cycleway and it seems an insult when a shorter diversion was so obviously possible.

Top Bottom