Cambridgeshire cyclecraft training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
For reasons I'm not going to go into in public we may be looking for someone to do some specific bespoke cyclecraft training for an adult with reasonably significant physical and mental special needs. It's for someone who can't travel, so the trainer would need to be able to visit the person to be trained, and support them getting used to riding safely along roads (including a couple of busy road crossings), after about 30 years away from cycling and driving. They may also need help with building up the fitness required to do the journey without conking out, and also learning the technique of riding a (hand)trike, but that's an easier ask for us to support directly and remotely.

Does anyone have any leads, either in cycling organisations or organisations that support the disabled? There is some standard cyclecraft training advertised online, but it's mostly based in Cambridge. We're looking for somewhere a bit further north.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Outspoken? I think they'll travel north if you pay them but I'm not sure about the other requirements. If they don't, they might know who does, better than random forummers.

OP
OP
srw

srw

random forummers
My suspicion (indeed knowledge) is that forummers are far from random. Some of them even live in East Anglia and may have specific local rather than general knowledge!

Tell me more about Outspoken. Their website is discouraging.

OP
OP
srw

srw

Thanks. I think we might be beginning to join the dots. I didn't know @Mr Magoo was OTP (I have the recumbent forum blocked out, mainly to avoid excessive and potentially expensive drooling), but looking at one or two of his posts I believe he is already involved. The person concerned lives outside Ely.

It's only through late attempts at organisation (ours, not his) that we didn't manage to meet last weekend. Either I or @rvw will be in touch.

YouCanBikeToo looks like a good lead too - the chance to get used to a handcycle in a safe environment will be useful, I think.

Top Bottom