Camel Trail with my 9 year old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dunclane

Regular
Got my son a new bike earlier this year and he absolutely loves it!

Vitus Nucleus 26"
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-09 at 19.20.55.jpg

We've done a few 10 mile canal trails and he's smashed them so on holiday I thought we'd do the Camel trail.

I drove to the start at Wenfordbridge and the wife took the car and my daughter off to Padstow shopping.

I think I made an error taking the wrong bike as I took my road bike and would have been better off on my hardtail.

The rain started as soon as we set off but luckily eased off and we managed to not get soaked!

Great fun and at times I struggled to keep up with him.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 141204.png

I'm thinking the Tissington Trail might be our next adventure.

toffee

Guru
Glad you both enjoyed it. Hopefully you are not riding between both trails. 🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️

D

Deleted member 1258

Got my son a new bike earlier this year and he absolutely loves it!

Vitus Nucleus 26"
View attachment 705693

We've done a few 10 mile canal trails and he's smashed them so on holiday I thought we'd do the Camel trail.

I drove to the start at Wenfordbridge and the wife took the car and my daughter off to Padstow shopping.

I think I made an error taking the wrong bike as I took my road bike and would have been better off on my hardtail.

The rain started as soon as we set off but luckily eased off and we managed to not get soaked!

Great fun and at times I struggled to keep up with him.

View attachment 705692
I'm thinking the Tissington Trail might be our next adventure.

Sounds like fun, well done.

Tom B

Guru
We love the Camel Trail - And the Snails Pace Cafe

1706399142546.png

This one seems a bit less impressed...
?hash=e2ca46eafaa1cd04bc2fa25fea0924a7.png

While I look forwards to the day they can both ride it independently I don't want it to come too soon!

Attachments

• 1706399065200.png
    1706399065200.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 6

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I still love the trail and the cafe. I wish that we’d not moved from Wadebridge. The move was driven by my ex. Had I known that he was just going to bugger off the minute we landed in Lincolnshire I’d have stayed put and he could have gone off with his new person.
Still, I could always go back. It’s never too late :smile:

Tom B

Guru
I still love the trail and the cafe. I wish that we’d not moved from Wadebridge. The move was driven by my ex. Had I known that he was just going to bugger off the minute we landed in Lincolnshire I’d have stayed put and he could have gone off with his new person.
Still, I could always go back. It’s never too late :smile:

As one old wit I know once said....
"Men are (a four letter word begging with S) I dunno why women like them - but I'm glad they do"

Top Bottom