Camelbak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

I have most of the camping equpment sorted now. It's just the 'bags' to put it all in that i'm short off.

My sleeping bag is rather on the large size but reasonably light.
http://www.family-camping-supplies.co.uk/item.php?cat=68&i=130
I'm going to have to spend a lot to get anything warmer and smaller.

I have a reaonably light Gelert Solo tent
http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/Gelert_Solo_Backpacking_Tent.html
Again, I would have to spend a lot more to get anything lighter.

A blacks ultralight 3/4 length mat.
The lightest sub £100 self inflating mat I could find.

A Ravi bivvy bag that i'm more likely to use to add a season or two to my sleeping bag than on it's own - Maybe if it's ever summer / i'm not on my own on a wet moor/ creapy forest I will use it without the tent!

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

Just short of the bags.

A few more items of warm clothing and a light-weight stove.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Bigtwin said:
I think you are missing the point rather completely here. But if you want to carry that extra 7lbs plus in a bag on your back with all the other stuff for no reason day in day out, be my guest.

As they say, any idiot can be uncomfortable.

Complete and utter tripe.

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

Complete and utter tripe.
I completely agree with you about using a camelbak for MTBing in general.

However loosing 3kg (the weight of a full bladder) is very appealling. I've no intentions of drinking out of bottle covered in cow muck.
I will probably be using either a small bladder or bottle mounted in the rucksack and topping it up regularly from sealed bottles firmly fastened to the frame.

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

i originally asked for a camelbak thinking I could get one big enough to take everything.

It wasn't until I started totalling up weight / storage space and looking at the costs involved that I realised it wasn't that practical to carry everything i've got in a camelbak.

If the Hawg / Hoss wiere about half price then I would jump at them. I would put the water on my back and find something else to put on the frame and lighten the bag that way.

Jonathan M

Sleeping bag wise Tesco do a down bag for sub £30, quite light, comes with a compression bag, gets some good feeback from the pennie watchers on LFTO website.

Top Bottom