Camera for a motorcycle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ashaman42

Über Member
Probably not quite the right forum for this but I know there are a lot of helmet cams users here and imagine the requirements are fairly similar.

Basically my father is looking for a camera to fix to his motorcycle for when he does track days.

I need to check with him re budget but I know he's found a few online but got stuck with the fact that some of the more expensive ones appear to review worse than the cheaper one, will have to get details of what he's actually looked at too.

What he's looking for:
  • I believe most of his track days consist of half a dozen or so sessions of about 20 mins each so either a fairly large capacity memory card or I guess he may be able to take a few cards along
  • battery life similar though I guess it may be feasible to run something off the bike's battery?
  • ideally he'd like something with a remote control (be it wired or wireless) that he can stick on the handle bars
  • weight/size not as much of an issue obviously but probably wants to be reasonably compact for easy mounting
  • a fairly secure mount, don't want it flying off a silly mph
I realise this is a bit vague, went and told him I'd ask around without pinning down specific details from him, will follow up with more detail.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Go Pro it's the only one.:whistle:

Top Bottom