Camera = phone down.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Is that a threat?

With this specific video, I was a little concerned with the driver stopping for the green light. I didn't trust his intentions, which is why I didn't go past.

I think people convince themselves that it is okay to use mobile phones while driving...It just goes to prove how thick they are.

400bhp

Guru
BentMikey said:
Is that a threat?

Of course not.

There's a lot of unhinged/nasty/criminal people who wouldn't take too kindly to being told to do something they don't want to do.

This is somewhat magnified on the road and magnified again because you are a much more vulnerable road user.

Just something to think about.:biggrin:

I certainly won't be telling you to stop, nor will I be telling you to continue.

Crankarm

Guru
One way to stop drivers using mobile phones whilst driving plus all the other idiotic unlawful driving they get up to would be to multiply all fines by 5 or 10 times. It would also go some way to helping pay off the huge national debt. Can't see why the government hasn't announced this yet. Of course you need more plods cameras on the roads which would soon pay off collecting all these fines.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
400bhp said:
Of course not.

There's a lot of unhinged/nasty/criminal people who wouldn't take too kindly to being told to do something they don't want to do.

This is somewhat magnified on the road and magnified again because you are a much more vulnerable road user.

Just something to think about.:wacko:

I certainly won't be telling you to stop, nor will I be telling you to continue.

I have to say I tend to agree with this, it is the responsibility of the police to enforce this rule not a load of lycra clad captain camera's and I can really see some day some nutter taking offence.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
4F said:
I have to say I tend to agree with this, it is the responsibility of the police to enforce this rule not a load of lycra clad captain camera's and I can really see some day some nutter taking offence.

But us showing how much it is done, proves that it is a big issue and that not enough is being done about it. I see plenty of motorists using their mobile phones whilst driving each day. We all know how distracted you can be whilst using it, and whilst being in control of tons of metal you could easily kill people.

As crankarm has already said, fines should be increased.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
hackbike 666 said:
I think people convince themselves that it is okay to use mobile phones while driving...It just goes to prove how thick they are.
I can't decide which are worse, those who don't realise how dangerous it is, or those who don't care.

Top Bottom