Camera suprise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I took 10 minutes making a camera logo for the back of my viz vest yesterday. I was going to make the words "Camera" to go above it. I rode to the supermarket and the guy who drove in behind me asked if there was a camera on the bike and I told him there was. There isnt. He thought it to be a good idea and clever to advertise the fact.

I must admit to being suprised. Id only stuck it on 20 minutes earlier.

I think thats a result 😁

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
So he didn't ask where the camera was then? lol

(Good idea by the way :okay:)

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Maybe they will think I do have one🙄

Im sorry. I knew it would escape someone.

I saw a car today with "Baby on board". Guess what?
They didn't have a boat?

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Nice work :smile:

Following a similar thread a while ago I was thinking that the UK speed camera image would probably be a good one, since it's instantly recognisable by most UK motorists in whom it provokes a Pavlovian response of fear and renewed alertness :rolleyes: :laugh:

Nd9GcQcmJa4zbsGhaXnRrq0FjqhPD7KceuVUsCORQ&usqp=CAU.png

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
...which mark you as even more of a target.
Yeah, the local primary school has a load of similarly branded signs (complete with black and white chequering and other pseudo-police colours :rolleyes:) in an effort to discourage people potentially dangerously parking on the nearby verge.

While I totally appreciate their argument / perspective, the way it's been implemented really irritates me on so many levels... The overt attempt to deceive drivers (and the attached implication that they're thick enough to fall for it / are callous enough to require this deception since simply appealing to their rationality and conscience isn't enough), as well as the appalling, grammatically-nonsensical and awkward use of the word "POLITE" in isolation.

The whole thing smacks of idiotic, hand-wringing do-gooders who think they're cleverer than they are IMO, and really doesn't help the situation. The signs down the road are accompanied by the line "You could endanger the life of a child" - I'd love to have the balls / ability to ad "Or one of many other fabulous prizes" afterwards :rolleyes:

Top Bottom