Camera up the old John Thomas today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5211482, member: 9609"]I never knew any thing like this happened - jeez.

they actually do this when you are awake ? with or without anaesthetic ?

may be mines very different to others but this procedure has to be impossible.[/QUOTE]
As @numbnuts says. I dont watch so cant say how big the camera thingy is but TBH is doesnt really hurt... as I said its just very uncomfortable.
Now, after my op they put a "3 way cathater" up there.......that is three tubes going into one BIG one. Fortunately that was while I was still knocked out as it was genuinely the thickness of my little finger.....god knows how they got that in but, after 5 days it took 2 nurses to get it back out (seriously). I still remember the expression on my mates face when he visited......he saw the tube disappearing and said "please tell me thats not going where it seems to be going".

numbnuts

Legendary Member
After I damaged my spine I had a indwelling catheter for some time, later my nurse showed me how to change it myself, it is no big deal and with the jell it goes in really easy.
The 3 way catheter is one to drain, one to fill the small balloon that stops it from coming out and the last one is for a flush I kidd you not.
cath.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yikes - I was threatened with a catheter when my spine was broken as due to the 'shock' my body wasn't allowing me to wee, never mind poop. I 'really' tried to go to the loo, and managed some very brown liquid after a couple of days (thankfully).

D

Deleted member 1258

I was ill in 2012 with Low-flow priapism and had a catheter inserted during the operation I had, this was OK and came out easily when time came to remove it, unfortunately I had a second episode about a week after I was discharged and was readmitted for a second operation and had another catheter inserted, this one went in a bit deeper than it should and I felt it when time came to remove it, made me yell a bit.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I have an image of a nurse, left elbow wedged into the patient's stomach, left hand gripped around the old chap, while the right hand is trying to push down the camera like a length of curtain wire round an S-bend.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I had my first one when I was 40 due to the symptoms of Kidney Stones and I've had a few since but nice to know that area is well checked. It's when they say if you look at the monitor, I can't my eyes are watering ;)

pawl

Legendary Member
I thought this was about the tower on Bradgate Park called Old John Leicestershire.
Got it wrong again,must read the threa titles more carefully.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I had a catheter inserted into my bladder in the operating theatre when I was under a general. It stayed there for a day or two before being removed by a large, friendly male nurse who just grabbed it and pulled. It didn't hurt at all. It was nowhere near the diameter of a cystoscope though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have an image of a nurse, left elbow wedged into the patient's stomach, left hand gripped around the old chap, while the right hand is trying to push down the camera like a length of curtain wire round an S-bend.
There were three nurses holding mine while a fourth shoved the camera down.

I wish :whistle:

Top Bottom