Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I've currently got a ContourHD that I mount on the handlebars. This works well, as I don't wear a helmet so have nowhere to mount a camera on my head.

Recently though I've missed not having one I can direct more, so I was thinking of getting a small form factor bullet camera that I could somehow attach to the arm of my glasses.

This one only weighs 32g, so I think I could attach that without it making my glasses lopsided (although I may need some ballast on the opposite arm)

My only other options are:
Headband, but I think that would look sh1t!
Sew a mount into a cap, but I really like having nothing on my head.

Any thoughts?

musa

Über Member
Or combine the two. Glasses with recording

caimg

Über Member
Put it in your mouth!

Na only kidding, just wear a helmet and stick it on that. What's the prob with headband mount? If you're worried about looking stupid you're best off not wearing one cos most I've seen are as subtle as an elephant in a jacuzzi.

Though I insist we get to see photos if you have one on your glasses with ballast on the other arm :tongue:

caimg

Über Member
I've got a great idea for where to put a rear-facing cam and you wouldn't even need to buy a mount for it...

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Put it in your mouth!

Na only kidding, just wear a helmet and stick it on that. What's the prob with headband mount? If you're worried about looking stupid you're best off not wearing one cos most I've seen are as subtle as an elephant in a jacuzzi.

Though I insist we get to see photos if you have one on your glasses with ballast on the other arm :tongue:

Well I just don't like wearing a helmet. And I think the headband would annoy me, but it might be worth a try.

musa

Über Member
Do you wear cycle caps? Cut an insertion on the side and thread the cam and sew/glue material on the inside to firm The side up to hold The weight or clips just be innovative with the design.

BSRU

A Human Being
This is an option. Bit pricy though, for the whole system. I wonder how uncomfortable it would be to wear sunglasses at the same time?
It is a bit pricey but I imagine the bullet camera is light enough to attach to some glasses somehow.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
It is a bit pricey but I imagine the bullet camera is light enough to attach to some glasses somehow.

I think the all in one bullet cam I linked to is not much heavier - 34g according to the spec - and significantly cheaper.

BSRU

A Human Being
It does have a narrow field of view only 63 degrees but there is a wide angle version, 135 degrees, for £130 with free delivery for orders over £100..
Also it is "only" 720p.
Only one and a half hours of battery life and the battery is built in, so no chance to replace it.
I think Magnatom reviewed it with three other cameras, the article is on his blog somewhere.
If you do buy from DogCam look on the internet for a 10% discount voucher.

Top Bottom