Cameron cortege left hook?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just been watching aerial footage of David Cameron's Jag on the way from Brenda's house to Downing Street. Lots of cyclists filtering past on either side -I wonder if any of them noticed they were passing by a little bit of the British Constitution in action.

Also, couldn't be sure, but it looks like someone nearly got left-hooked by the Secret Squirrels' jag as the cortege swung into Downing St. Will there be a grumpy thread or even a head-cam link tomorrow? :smile:

jeltz

Veteran
I saw that but I think a copper probably stopped the cyclist as the cortège turned into Downing Street.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
The vehicles they were travelling in have flashing blue lights dont they? While those lights are flashing it should be a warning to keep a distance imo. And yes, one cyclist did appear to come close to being hooked.

LOL maybe he was a pap and was trying to get a shot on helmet cam? :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Shows how sad you were that you were watching the cyclists... so was I and noticing how many cyclists overtook the cars rather than the other way around...:blush: I kept wondering if they knew what was going on at that moment. I did notice the potential left hook developing but it looked as if the car did too. Can you imagine the headlines tomorrow if the first thing he did as PM was knock someone off their bike!!!

Norm

Ironic way to highlight the difference between the UK and the US, given the distance between the US President and humanity on Inauguration Day.

Will1985

Über Member
Looked a bit dodgy for the cyclists on Horse Guards turning onto Great George Street - unbelievable how many were trying to pass on the left.

While I was watching the cyclists, it was also fascinating to see how the Special Branch vehicles moved around to protect the main car.

I was surprised that ther were no Police outriders to clear the way. In the early part of the journey a person with a mobile or digital camera got very close to the car while it was stood in traffic.

Rykard

Veteran
Vigilies said:
I was surprised that ther were no Police outriders to clear the way. In the early part of the journey a person with a mobile or digital camera got very close to the car while it was stood in traffic.

At this point he wasn't PM, but the BMW behind had 2 armed police in it...

I think, he was PM from the instant that Her Maj asked him and he said 'yes', so he was PM when he left Buck H. But no matter. I watched that drive as well, the aerial view, and I saw several cyclists filter on the inside, quite riskily. I presume the security guys had them closely marked.

Also remember folks, it wasn't Cameron driving. :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
661-Pete said:
I think, he was PM from the instant that Her Maj asked him and he said 'yes', so he was PM when he left Buck H. But no matter. I watched that drive as well, the aerial view, and I saw several cyclists filter on the inside, quite riskily. I presume the security guys had them closely marked.

Also remember folks, it wasn't Cameron driving. :biggrin:

See that's why I could never be PM, they expect you to read stuff while they drive you around, I'd be sick.

It did occur to me that the whole thing was kicking off at about 7, and that it was a good hour or more later when Cameron came out of Buck house, plenty of time I would have thought for a cyclist to get into central London and ride about, trying to get on telly!