Camino Frances by Bike April 2023 (Looking for anyone interested in riding along)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Squeakypoo

Hello, I am looking for anybody interested in joining me April 2023. Start day is flexible. If your interested post me a message.

Route: Camino Frances
My plan now is to take as much of the walking route as possible but ride the road when available. This will leave the trail for the walkers. Right now as planned is about 16+ days but less than 20. So road bikes are not recommended.

A little about me,
In live in the South France, I ride a road bike most of the time, other times it is a city bike. I am using my city bike for this tour. It is my first Camino. Distance is no problem for me, but hills are not my best friend, so I want be fast up but will make it. I not in a hurry, so slowing down is ok with me. I have no set time schedule planned yet. But I do have a estimated route and would be willing tor share is someone is interested. I have two route, but both are real close to each other.

Note: If you don’t want to bring your bike, rentals through the Camino is possible!

About posting elsewhere, sorry I’m not in the US, so I don’t know the other places very well. This forum is about the Camino’s and those looking to complete a Camino will find it here or not.

Hola and welcome!

I can't help you with the main thrust of your post but the Camino Frances is a very busy route and there are always interesting people to meet, on foot, on two wheels and occasionally on a donkey!
Unless it's raining there will be Pilgrims sitting out at every stop so there are always people to talk to.

My plan now is to take as much of the walking route as possible but ride the road when available.
In case you're not aware, there is always a road option (and some walkers expect all bikes to use it!).
I followed as much of the "walker's route" as possible a few years ago and found that it made sense to sit over a coffee or two in the morning to let the walkers spread out along the path. There will be some bottlenecks along the way and the last 100km were so densely packed I preferred to cycle only in the afternoon when the walkers were already finished.
Depending on the weather the surface can go from reasonable, to tricky to downright demanding.

But I do have a estimated route
One of the great things about the popular Camino routes are all the yellow arrows - it's almost possible to get lost - note; I said almost!^_^
On a bike we have far more flexibility than those on foot, able to choose any (or all) of the route variations.

I know it's very easy for me to say it but I wouldn't be stressing out about finding a partner to cycle with. Unless on the road there aren't many places to cycle "together" anyway and a popular Camino route is full of people to meet at stops. It's one of the great advantages of these routes.

Good luck & Buen Camino

Top Bottom