Campag Freehub Issue...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stwutter

I used to have Euros, and they were great wheels - the only trouble I ever had with them was that the freehub parls started sticking after about 6 months - eventually I bought a new freehub.

Last year, I bought some bling bling gold Shamals. Again, great hoops, but after cleaning my bike today, I was spinning he wheels while running some lube over the chain, and the freewheel started making a grinding noise once every revolution, both backwards and whilst driving forward.
I took the freehub off, and one of the parls was a bit 'sticky', and a little looser that the other two. I rubbed some excess grease off, and played around a bit, and it seems OK now.

Has anyone had troubles with the Campag freehubs? I've always used Campag, but this seems to be a bit of a fault as it's unlikely to be coincidence. I've now just got my fingers crossed that it was just abit of grime or something...

4 members of one of the clubs i'm in have had campag freehubs fail this year, one of them twice. i'm not sure of the model, but shamal rings a bell.
all had the same fault -pawl failure.

GruB

I have just replaced the pawl and all the bearings on my Scirroco. The bearings were not the sealed type, and with all the water I went through this year I'm not surprised they started to get a bit gritty. It was a very satisfying job to replace them all once I'd finished though.
I am now quite knowledgeable about the insides of my Campag freehub.

Top Bottom