Campag is better than Shimano

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow, you've lit the blue touch paper :tongue: (although I do agree with you:smile:)

Slim

Über Member
Why???

What makes one better than the other??

I'm a relative newbie (not a relative OF Newbie BTW :tongue:) and have only ridden bikes with Shimano stuff. What have I been missing??

Mortiroloboy

Campagnolo is better, it has a long established pedigree, the company machines parts for Ferrari, Sh*mano makes fishing tackle! Campag wears in, Sh*mano wears out!
Campag is sexy, Sh*mano does the job, OK so DA shifts slickly but Campag has that lovely clunky industrial solid sounding shifting, 'nough said:biggrin:

graham56

Guru
Have been using Campagnolo since the 70`s and to me it`s still No1, Shimano is the new kid on the block but will never beat Campag

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The choice is like finding a partner in life.
You look at the options
You pick one you fancy
You live with it
Some change because they think there is better
Some because they're bored
Most just get on with it
Then you die

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Good point, well put.

But I think it just means you just dance to the beat of a different drum.
Which is no bad thing.
Especially as it means you will probably not help perpetuate the long drawn out pointless misery that is the mindless Campag / Shimano pissing match.

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Tim Bennet. said:
Good point, well put.

But I think it just means you just dance to the beat of a different drum.
Which is no bad thing.
Especially as it means you will probably not help perpetuate the long drawn out pointless misery that is the mindless Campag / Shimano pissing match.
Long as you remember that campag is the pisser, and shimano is the pissed on. :tongue:

Slim

Über Member
User259iroloboy said:
Campagnolo is better, it has a long established pedigree, the company machines parts for Ferrari, Sh*mano makes fishing tackle! :biggrin:

It makes bloody good fishing tackle!! I've got a couple of Calcutta reels which have the best gearing I've come across in 20 years of beach fishing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not this old chestnut.........

Still running Dura-Ace 7400 on a steel Columbus SLX (custom made) that was built up in about 1990 - still rides like a dream, all the components work like new (only consumables changed) so the good stuff is good.

Not too keen on the bottom of the range stuff that shimano does - that does fall apart.

This is the beastie !

http://digitalsafe.pipex.com/11135881

Top Bottom