campag shine...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
morning all,
just finished cleaning my bike, does any one know of something good for getting a shine on my campag breaks, they are chorus and would love to get them shining like when they first got fitted, any ideas or recomendations? thanks everyone.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Solvol Autosol.

gkerr4

hmm - I'd go gentler than autosol to start with - a general car paint polish might work..

Autosol is pretty harsh and if they have any sort of protective top coat or anodized then this could remove it and open the door to further (more) corrosion.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
gkerr is right. Any abrasive polish (including Autosol or even T-cut) does 'wear away' the surface. If you break through the coating, corrosion will be even faster, especially if there is any salt around.

I know someone who was a real bike tart and has used Autosol plus a tiny soft buffing wheel on a Dremel motor to keep his pride and joy looking spotless. Although he has 'improved' the look of some bits (incl a Mirage triple chain set where he has even smoothed off rough casting marks on the out of sight bits) he now is a slave to the need for constant polishing.

GT-85 is safe on carbon, paint, and bare metal.

Squirt some on a cloth and wipe down your whole bike, and as an added bonus you will find that next time you clean it the ptfe coating makes it eariser to shoot the dirt off.

The downside is that sed ptfe coating encourages tyre and brake dust to cling to your brake calipers.

Top Bottom