Campag xenon rear mech

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, don't do it. Buy a longer cage and fit that. Some people will tell you it will work, but they won't define "work".

Is it 10 speed? I am pretty sure my wife is running a 10 speed 29 (Campagnolo seem to go up in odd numbers) on one of her Bianchis. The chain droops a bit when she ventures into small/small, but she gets away with it.

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
No its 9 speed..I know I can get a 28 and in some combinations also 29,which I think would be pushing it.I know an extra 2 teeth is not a lot but with my ageing legs every little helps.

Marginal gains.Now where have I heard that before.

Ah. I have a 9 speed Xenon on one of my Bianchis, but it is running with a triple, so that copes with my aged-leg problem. Historically, Campagnolo have always been very cautious when it comes to defining the capacity of their rear mechs - going right back to the Gran Sport. You might get away with it, as long as you are skilled enough not to engage in unsuitable combinations, and your jockey wheels are not getting munched by the dinner plate.

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
Ah. I have a 9 speed Xenon on one of my Bianchis, but it is running with a triple, so that copes with my aged-leg problem. Historically, Campagnolo have always been very cautious when it comes to defining the capacity of their rear mechs - going right back to the Gran Sport. You might get away with it, as long as you are skilled enough not to engage in unsuitable combinations, and your jockey wheels are not getting munched by the dinner plate.

Thanks for that..A 28 is more on a sandwich plate than a dinner plate.

Top Bottom