Campagnola verses everything else

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
Change to Campag and you will find an immediate improvement in your sexual attractiveness to members of the opposite sex if you are heteroesexual and amongst same sex if you are homosexual. If you're bi-sexual, well, you'll have the opportunity to be very greedy indeed. And your stature in terms of 'top-dog' amongst your mates goes up several notches to a definite 'alpha male' or 'alpha female' as the case may be. 'Tis true. No word of a lie. :laugh:

When I was just starting (and God was a boy), Campagnolo was the thing to have. Us less well off made do with Stronglight cranks, TA adapters and rings, Universal or Weinmann brakes (neither worked properly), Simplex gears.
Of all that stuff, until a few years ago I still had the 49d Stronglight cranks - worn a bit but perfectly serviceable.

Now we have a wonderful choice, when before it was Super Record that was the thing to have.

There is, though, one product from the 70's that was way ahead of it's time, the GB Synchron brake. Dual pivot, powerful, good feel, and only let down by the rubbish quality brake blocks (pads to the Americans and wanabees). They were as good as anything you get today. I think they came out of the market because they were alomost too good, made by an aircraft components company to a superb spec and still reasonably priced (which may be why they left the market - not enough volume/profit).

And now, it's 105, like the old Stronglight, does the job, almost unbreakable, looks like it will last years. At least at my wattage it will.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Change to Campag and you will find an immediate improvement in your sexual attractiveness to members of the opposite sex if you are heteroesexual and amongst same sex if you are homosexual. If you're bi-sexual, well, you'll have the opportunity to be very greedy indeed. And your stature in terms of 'top-dog' amongst your mates goes up several notches to a definite 'alpha male' or 'alpha female' as the case may be. 'Tis true. No word of a lie. :laugh:

Voice of experience? :eek:

I'll stick to Sturmey then...

Utter bollocks. I have a willy the size of a French baguette, Baggy regularly wins the "bird the judges would most like to take home" prize when I take her to Wife Shows, even the neighbour's chickens fancy me and I change gear by tugging the cable with a mole wrench. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom