Campagnolo 8 Speed parts needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChopperGav

Über Member
Hello all,
I thought I'd ask as I've tried all the various places I normally buy from but I've drawn a blank.
I have a mid 90's Campagnolo Chorus rear hub in I would say very good condition but for one part, the drive side cone which in this case is pressed onto the axle.
At the moment it has only a couple of tiny marks but as we all know they will get worse.
It appears from what I can make out the part number is FH-RE 110 and it seems to be out of production.
So does anyone have one tucked away they would like to part with? I would be much obliged is anyone can help as I really don't want to consign it to the parts bin just yet.
If anyone can help please drop me a line with more information.
Thank you.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a cone Ming.

Chopper gav, you are on a cruising to a bruising... keep an eye on ebay. I always keep eyes pealed for vintage Shimano stuff. My DA 30 year old hubs have grease injection points - amazing. My other 'vintage' bike is running modern wheels.

fossyant

Retrobike also...

Just ordered a 1" cartridge headset bearing as a spare for the road bike - it's got a damaged seal, but if it's as rough as a bear's ar$e, it will go back. The advert says it's OK.... I have spare seals....

fossyant

Your other option is a retro wheel rebuild with newer 'polished' alloy hubs from Campag - they will take 8 speed with spacers.

My best bike is still original Dura ace 7400, but it's not had a hard life for the past 20 years -was raced hard for 10 years. The same age Shimano 600/Ultegra bike has had harder days being the training bike too, so ended up on Mavic Ksyrium wheels - they just work.

The DA bike has had a set of race wheels rebuilt into clinchers from tubs over 15 years ago. Hub spares are hard to get.

Top Bottom