Campagnolo Brake Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MartinC

Über Member
GregCollins said:
do remind me, with this huge advantage, when was the last time a Campag equipped bike won the TdeF?

Jeez. Sorry for upsetting you. Is there any other information you think shouldn't be shared on this forum? :biggrin:

To me the real world benefit is that you've still got full braking with the quick release undone - good news if you've got a spoke gone or accidentally left it undone.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
I accidentally left mine undone.

Thought the brakes were a bit flabby. Sighed and figured I was recabling them anyway.

Then I noticed that I'd left the button in the wrong position :biggrin: .

Sam

Tynan

Veteran
the front cable parted today as I slapped the front on with need

and seemingly the cool button/pin dropped out at the time, someone on the Green Man roundabout, so not that good then seems to me, nothig actually holds them in really does it

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
MartinC said:
Jeez. Sorry for upsetting you. Is there any other information you think shouldn't be shared on this forum? :smile:

To me the real world benefit is that you've still got full braking with the quick release undone - good news if you've got a spoke gone or accidentally left it undone.

Only joshing you chaps re TdF.

Yes the full if mushy braking bit is important. In fact critical if you ask me as it appears I'VE BEEN RIDING WITH MY FRONT BRAKE 'OFF' since I took delivery of the bike. :smile:

MartinC

Über Member
GregCollins said:
Only joshing you chaps re TdF.

Yes the full if mushy braking bit is important. In fact critical if you ask me as it appears I'VE BEEN RIDING WITH MY FRONT BRAKE 'OFF' since I took delivery of the bike. :sad:

It's a good illustration but to be fair you probably wouldn't have left the QR on the caliper undone for that long!

The answer to tha follow up question you had is 2006 (Pereiro with Caisse D'Epargne). Last Shimano was 2008 (Sastre, CSC). 2009 was SRAM with Contador. :smile:

Your turn - how many TdF wins have C got and how many have S got?

I don't have much interest in the C v. S debate. It's a no brainer that Mr Shimano makes much better angling equipment. xx(

Top Bottom