Campagnolo Tacx free hub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu72

Hi guys first post so be gentle please.
I’ve impulse bought a tacx neo t2 and now found out that to run my 10 speed I need a free hub which is out of stock or 8-10 week lead time from garmin. Can I run a 11 speed cassette?

si_c

Guru
You won't be able to run an 11 speed cassette - the spacing is different.

Rose bikes have some in stock.

Gunk

Guru
10 speed chain will be wider and the spacing on the 11 speed is narrower. You could try but the drivetrain will be noisy and shifting will be rough, you’d be better using a 10 speed cassette with a spacer on an 11 speed freehub, if it will fit

si_c

Guru
10 speed chain will be wider and the spacing on the 11 speed is narrower. You could try but the drivetrain will be noisy and shifting will be rough, you’d be better using a 10 speed cassette with a spacer on an 11 speed freehub, if it will fit
Can't do that really - Campag and Shimano 10 speed has different spacing so the shifting won't work properly - the spacing is narrower on the latter so after a couple of shifts up the block the derailleur is too far in and the shifting is bad.

There's one T2875.51 Campagnolo freehub body available in the States on eBay here, but it's $80 + shipping & duties.

You could chuck a Shimano 10-speed cassette on there - without road grime and outdoor wear the shifting should be ok for 11 weeks until you can fit a Campagnolo cassette :okay: (thougb it'll probably rattle like a bag of spanners at the extremes of the cassette!)

You could always Bluetooth your phone to the Neo (leaving the Ant+ for Zwift or your app of choice), stick it in 'slope' mode in the Tacx app and control the resistance via the phone, meaning you would barely need to shift gears at all. Shane Miller has a good video on this here.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
Can't do that really - Campag and Shimano 10 speed has different spacing so the shifting won't work properly - the spacing is narrower on the latter so after a couple of shifts up the block the derailleur is too far in and the shifting is bad.

Sorry I misread the post, you could run a Shimano 10 speed cassette with a Jtec Shiftmate, I run Campag and Shimano together on my turbo bike. Shiftmate is £35

Top Bottom