campagnolo triomphe question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I am struggling to get the rear and front campy derailleurs on the rebuilt Copi to function as they should and l just can't see what lam doing wrong. If l attach a short video file to show you guys the problem would you be kind enough to let me have your verdict ?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I am struggling to get the rear and front campy derailleurs on the rebuilt Copi to function as they should and l just can't see what lam doing wrong. If l attach a short video file to show you guys the problem would you be kind enough to let me have your verdict ?
Sure

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
More than happy to look - generally non-indexed though so the set-up should be pretty straightforward.
Many thanks for your offer to have a look, sorry it has taken me so long to reply.....making movies is definitely not my strong point.
I think that one issue is that the derailleur hanger may be bent because as you can here the derailleur hits the spokes when the chain is on the largest cog.
Of course l may have made a complete balls up of installing everything !! Much later having realised that the file is far too large for uploading directly to Cycle chat, l have stuck it on youtube, please check out the linkhttps://youtu.be/IEFLumZ7gHk

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
sorry l had to cook a Thai green vegetable curry this evening . I will post the video tomorrow without fail !:bicycle:
I just hope this works

View: https://youtu.be/IEFLumZ7gHk

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Many thanks for your offer to have a look, sorry it has taken me so long to reply.....making movies is definitely not my strong point.
I think that one issue is that the derailleur hanger may be bent because as you can here the derailleur hits the spokes when the chain is on the largest cog.
Of course l may have made a complete balls up of installing everything !! Much later having realised that the file is far too large for uploading directly to Cycle chat, l have stuck it on youtube,
More than happy to look - generally non-indexed though so the set-up should be pretty straightforward.
I am making heavy weather of this but l just hope this workshttps://youtu.be/IEFLumZ7gHk

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd get a bike shop to do it but that may be difficult for you, if you google it then there are a few vids on youtube of how to do it without a tool.
If you intend rebuilding several bikes though it might be worth buying one but there are less expensive options than Park that are just as good.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I'd get a bike shop to do it but that may be difficult for you, if you google it then there are a few vids on youtube of how to do it without a tool.
If you intend rebuilding several bikes though it might be worth buying one but there are less expensive options than Park that are just as good.
Thanks for the advice......in my case l think l am wise to proceed with caution, the last thing l want is to snap the hanger off so l will probably end up buying the tool (maybe not from Park though)

Top Bottom