campagnolo ultra torque chainset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TAV

Guru
Hi ive got a colnago ct2 ive just changed the chainset from a regular to a compact ive greased the cups and bearings when I put it together I tightened everything up but it doesn't spin around smoothly until I loosen it.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Have you located the little spring clip correctly in the groove on the outer bearing (drive side)

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
yeah I put the spring in after I put the drive side in then put the none drive side in and tightened them up.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
it may be the bottom bracket on the frame needs 'facing' (this will also slightly reduce the width) , has the frame been resprayed and have you got the bearings in nice and tight.

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
I just had another look when the chainset is finger tight it spins around smooth as soon as you tighten it ,it gets hard to spin around.

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
just fixed it when I had the bike the chainset on it was record it didn't have a wavy washer so I changed it to a compact but that came with a wavy washer which I put on since then its been to tight. I had a look on youtube and some of the guys have put shims on the cups which I think is on mine and when they reinstalled the chainset they left the wavy washer out,I did that and now its running smooth.

Top Bottom