Campagnolo Veloce 10 speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migrantwing

Veteran
My friend has a Willier GTR (lovely bike BTW) with Veloce 10 speed, 50/34t up front, but his cassette is a race cassette at 11-23t. I have heard that Campagnolo only allow a 29t max sprocket. Is this true or is there an exception to the rule? I ask this because I was told I couldn't run anything larger than a 28t on my Shimano 5700 SS mech, but am happily running a 30t after adding a few links to my chain and tinkering with the B screw. My friend has only recently switched from Shimano to Campagnolo and has no knowledge of the brand at all. I have more bike related knowledge than him, but I am not really up to spec with all things Campagnolo.

TIA

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
Campag do these offerings for Veloce:

11-25, 12-23, 12-25, 13-26, 13-29

You might want to see Miche and other compatible cassette makers.

I don't believe the issue is that Veloce "cannot" have a larger sprocket than 29. Iirc they sell larger cassettes but they need longer derailleur cages available above Veloce.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Official specs (2015) are:

Short cage: 30 max, 11 min, capacity 32, chainring difference 16
Med cage: 30 max, 11 min, capacity 37, chainring difference 22
Long cage: 30 max, 11 min, capacity 40, chainring difference 22

I think it used to be the case that short and med cage would only go up to 26 and you needed a long cage mech to go up to 29, but they sorted that out about the same time they introduced 11speed.

Top Bottom