Campagnolo Vs Shimano

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Hey,

Noob question im sure.

I have only ever used shimano Sora set-up's and only know about shimano components.

How do these compare point for point with compag stuff?

What sets are comparable with what (In terms of 2300/Sora/Tiagra)

I have seen xenon and mirage about. am i correct in assuming these are Sora/tiagra in terms of the opposing line up.

Hope i have been clear,

Also how do they differ from the shimano way of things in terms of gear shifts,

Will1985

Über Member
Plenty of threads on this if you look, although the information has changed slightly because Campag shifted its lineup to fit Super Record in at the top. Xenon and Mirage aren't produced anymore but they still appear on new bikes; you're looking somewhere above Sora for Xenon while Mirage was on a par with Tiagra. While Veloce is now bottom of the pile, it is arguably better than the Xenon/Mirage of a couple of years ago.

Campag appears to be phasing out its entry level groupsets and focusing on pure race equipment. This might backfire if they don't get the users coming through from the entry stuff - most people will stick to what they know, and Campag isn't found on many OTP bikes these days (apart from the expensive ones).

Compatibility is another story; cassettes and chains must always be matched 9s/10s/11s - some reckon that 11 speed ergos will work with 10 speed rear derailleurs but I've not seen it to confirm. 9s and 10s derailleurs are completely interchangeable.

Campag ergos use a thumb lever plus another lever behind the brake blade. You should really try out all 3 main systems (also SRAM) to understand them and decide which is best for you.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Will1985 said:
You should really try out all 3 main systems (also SRAM) to understand them and decide which is best for you.
You should really try all three systems before deciding that Campag is best... :wacko:

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Im looking at 5 year old bikes, so its xenon/Sora Mirage/Tiagra But on the new bikes veloce would be better then either.

cheapest SRAM bike i have seen is £3K plus. So no need to try that!

so the shifters work in the same way? move break lever 45' to go down and finger trigger to go up?

e-rider

crappy member
RyanW said:
Im looking at 5 year old bikes, so its xenon/Sora Mirage/Tiagra But on the new bikes veloce would be better then either.

cheapest SRAM bike i have seen is £3K plus. So no need to try that!

so the shifters work in the same way? move break lever 45' to go down and finger trigger to go up?

that might be moving it too far :ohmy:

Top Bottom